Thursday, July 12, 2012

Be courteous to the people you talk to

This is something else that seems basic to me... be courteous when talking to people on the phone, especially when you're applying for a product or service.  When I talk about being courteous, I'm not just talking about watching your language, either - I've actually had instances where I've been on the phone with someone and they've asked me to hold on while they take another call.  I know people don't like to wait forever to talk to someone - neither do I - but remember when you call someone to order a product or service, there are often other people waiting on hold, so unless you absolutely have to take a call, please ask the person that's calling you if you can call them back in a few minutes.  It will make things go much faster for both you and the person you're talking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment