Friday, June 29, 2012

My First Rant - Wait Until I'm Finished Talking Before You Respond!!!

This is one of my number one pet peeves... in my line of work, I ask a lot of very long questions, and often the people I'm interviewing will interrupt with the answer before I've finished reading the question. Of course, I still have to read the question in full because the calls are recorded.  Some insurance agents are good about asking their clients to wait until I've finished asking the question before they respond, but most aren't.  But beyond that, waiting until someone is finished speaking before you talk is just basic good manners... people get a clue!!!

3 comments:

  1. I remember working at LiveOps and a lot of the scripts would require that if it was not read in full we would have to start over and read it again...over and over until the caller would hear it all the way through from beginning to end...

    Even after several attempts and me explaining to the caller that I had to read it from beginning to end without disruption...they would STILL interrupt!!!! It was SSOOOOOOOOO aggravating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took calls for Direct Response at West Telemarketing we had these long upsells we had to read, and a lot of times I would get interrupted in the middle.

    ReplyDelete